John A. Flynn, Esq.
John A. Flynn, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years experience - Mid South Super Lawyer

Does my child support cover medical (psychology) copayments

Does my child support cover medical (psychology) copayments? Does it also cover registration for school? School clothes?

To be certain, you must check the wording of your divorce decree, or temporary order if you are still in the process of getting a divorce and have only had the initial child support order. Typically, however, child support is IN ADDITION TO health insurance premiums and or a portion of copays or non covered medical expenses which are also typically ordered to be paid. Usually, a court will order each party to split the non-covered medical expenses, even if one party is providing the insurance. If the child(ren) attend private school, a court will typically also specifically apportion responsibility for tuition between the parents, however, school clothes would generally be the responsibility of the party with primary custody who is also usually the party receiving the child support. Please check with your divorce attorney if you have one, to verify. Also, if you need any in-depth assistance in pursuing this matter with the other parent and you do not have a divorce attorney, I would urge you to find an attorney on who specializes in divorce or child support. Good Luck,

John Flynn

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What about registration for public school? The registration fee I believe is about $50... is that covered in the child support? and PE clothes?
I have never heard of a court ordering a non-custodial parent to pay 1/2 of those expenses. Typically, child support should cover those types of "routine" expenses.