Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

I was resently served a summons. I was instructed to file a

I was resently served a summons. I was instructed to file a written response to the County Court in Dade County. How should I proceed with this request?

If ever you are served with a summons, you should file an answer/reply as soon as possible. Do not delay; the failure to file could cause you to forfeit your rights and allow the plaintiff/petitioner to get a default judgment against you. Do not regard this as a "request", rather, it may be your only opportunity to respond.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I need to know the person/address I should send my letter, so that it can receive immediate attention.
You need to file your answer/response with the court indicated on the summons; you also need to have served a copy of your answer/response to the person who made the complaint/petition.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is no address on the summons I received for the County Court in Dade County in Florida. I have found an address on the internet, but I am not sure if it is the correct one to mail my letter to, and I am up against time!

If you are apprehensive about the address that you found on the internet, call the court clerk and ask the mailing address for filing. You'll have to wait on the phone for about 5minutes. Just give them your case number XXXXX the name of the parties, and they will give you the specific address to mail to. It's just that easy! Try this website for the court clerk's telephone number: http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/dadecoc/Dade_County_Courthouse.asp