Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

If you went on a date, and had sex with a girl, lets say Aug

Customer Question

If you went on a date, and had sex with a girl, lets say Aug 29, on a friday, she lives in the bronx, ny, and the person lives in Jersey City, nj, she decided to file a phony allegation sexual assault or rape in the matter, how long will the police will arrest you, the same day of the report, or a week or a month later..even she knows where he lives..
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
This all depends upon the status of the investigation. It could be immediate or it could be several weeks after they complete the investigation. If the "crime" happened in NY and you live in NJ, it would be likely that the police in NY would just put out a warrant for your arrest if they have probable cause based upon her statement and evidence and then you would not be notified, you would simply be arrested when you came into contact with the police. The NY police will not come to NJ to interview you or pick you up.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.