Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions

A woman has been given a 24-hour eviction notice, is elderly,

Customer Question

A woman has been given a 24-hour eviction notice, is elderly, indigent and infirm, and has nowhere to go. She owns the trailer but pays rent for the space. Others in the trailer park have also been evicted. Do not know if she was behind in the rent, but said the manager would not accept her check when offered. What recourse does she have?
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break.

I like the idea of the investigative reporter, and newspapers like these human interest stories.

Here is a link to the Florida mobile home landlord/tenant statutes:

723.061 is the evictions statute.

A person who has not paid rent must get a FIVE DAY notice to pay or move.

I don't see any exceptions for the elderly.

You'll be ok. Be prepared for the worst, and you're always prepared for the best. © 2008.

I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please click ACCEPT to pay Just Answer and me for helping you.

We can still write after you pay. Feedback and Bonuses are gratefully appreciated.

Next time you visit Just Answer, please ask for me by name by starting your question with "This is for Jane Doe Deer."

I wish you the best,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Have already accepted another response. Sorry.
Thank you for posting a duplicate question and wasting my time.