Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I talked with a factory in China that can supply my golf shop

I talked with a factory in China that can supply my golf shop with authentic clubs but they want me to supply them serial numbers is this illegal or a common pratice?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If they are supplying authentic clubs, then they should be supplying you with serial numbers. If you are sending them serial numbers, then the clubs will likely be knockoffs.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was thinking the same way but I was more curious if this was illegal and how people who buy and sell on Ebay etc., will know the difference or if I have any sitting on the racks?
It would be a trademark/copyright/patent infringement and if you were caught you would be heavily fined. While you are right that most people would not know the difference, it is the risk you take in getting caught because it is illegal.