Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have been datig someone for 3 years. Last October he started

I have been datig someone for 3 years. Last October he started to stay at my home. He has been living in my home rent free for 10 months. The relationship has ended. I have asked im to leave but he will not. Do I legally have to give him a notice to make him leave? He drinks a lot and can get violent. I just want him to go. What is the quickest safest way to do that?
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

If he's not a tenant, you can ask him to leave at anytime without any notice. My suggestion would be for him to be given 1 week to vacate the property, and if he does not, you'll call the sheriff and have him arrested for trespassing.

He has no right to be there or to stay if it is your place and he has paid no rent to you.