Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Does Iowas Lemon Law expire I have had my car for thirty

Customer Question

Does Iowa's Lemon Law expire? I have had my car for thirty days today. If you don't know that it's ok. However, I have a 2001 Plymouth Neon to listen to my radio when the car is off I have to turn the car to on. In other words all the way to start and I can just move the keys to start it. Without starting and the radios on dashboard lights come some go off, but the oil light stays on and so does the ignition!!! Is that a bad sign? When I start the car all lights go off.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The lemon law does not apply to used vehicles. Additionally, the radio is installed to only come on when the ignition switch is turned to the on position. Also, when you put the ignition switch to the on position, some lights will come on and many of the warning lights will stay on, but they do not mean anything until the car is actually started. From what you have described there is nothing wrong with your car.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.