Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney

is it ineffective assistance of counsel when lawyer does

Customer Question

is it "ineffective assistance of counsel" when lawyer does not effectively represent client to local social security office concerning calculating back benefits by categories, thereby causing loss of total back benefits?
Expert:  Marcus Parker replied 8 years ago.
the phrase is most often used as a basis of appeal in a criminal case. It is normally not available as an appeal point in a civil (or administrative law in the case of Social Security adjudication) appeal.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The terms you use in the above answer, "most often" and "is normally not availabel", are too ambiguous to sufice as an acceptable answer to my above question. Therefore please return my $15.00 back to my account.

Rudolph Marconi

The terms are not ambigious at all. It is possible that a judge somewhere may have used the wrong term, or otherwise made a wrong decision, hence the use of the terms. If you want a refund you are welcome to take it up with Just Answer. They, not me, have your money.