rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.

i was served a subpoena deposition, but instead of the officer

Customer Question

i was served a subpoena deposition, but instead of the officer giving the papers to me they gave them to my mother. we hardly communicate anyway, and i dont live with her either. i thought the officer was suppose to give them to me only? i live in texas and the subpoena is from south carolina, my question is can i get arrested for not going to court even though i never received the subpoena and it being given to my mother?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information. Also, please keep in mind that when any of us at JA legal answers a question, we don't know what you, the customer, already knows about the issue unless we are told.

1. Ther service on mom was not valid.

2. More importantly, SC courts have no jurisdiction over A TX resident. You are safe!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

I have alerted the other experts regarding a second opinion.