Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

what are the laws in new york state conserning vicodin, as

what are the laws in new york state conserning vicodin, as if i was in possession of 100 pills or 1000 or 2000?

It is likely to be considered possession with intent to distribute and you would face the same B felony sentences as if you had actually sold it. That means a mandatory minimum of 1-3 if you have no felony record and a mandatory minimum of 4 1/2 - 9 if you do. If you have a large number of tabs such as the 1000+, then it would be life in jail. The seriousness of the number of tabs would be determined by the prosecutor.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i was looking for a more definate answer, like if you were in possession of 100-400 pills, thats a misterminor, and 401-900 thats a low feloney... something to that effect, thanks again.
The code doesn't split it like that, the amount is dependent upon the circumstances and the prosecutor has the determination. See NY Penal Code Art. 220.00 et seq. for the information, but it is not broken down by tabs.