Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Can I carry my gun on my own property

Customer Question

Can I carry my gun on my own property
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.

hi

what type of gun - what city and state, are you a felon and where exactly on your property

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
9 mm Pistol, Florida, not a felon, on my 2 acres
Expert:  Sam replied 8 years ago.

hi

thank you for that information.

it is legal to possess a concealed firearm for self-defense or other lawful purposes within the interior of a private conveyance (as defined your land, home and other out buildings on your property as conveyed to you by title and deed), without a license, if the firearm is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. a firearm other than a handgun may be carried anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. this exemption does not authorize the carrying of a firearm concealed on the person outside of your private boundries

exceptions to FLA concealed carry permit law include the following

A - persons having firearms at their home or place of business.

B -enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trapshooting, while at, or going to or from shooting practice.

C - members of clubs organized for collecting antique or modern firearms while at or going to or from exhibitions.

D - persons engaged in fishing, camping or hunting and while going to or from such activity.

E - persons engaged in target shooting under safe conditions and in a safe place or while going to or from such place.

F - persons who are firing weapons for target practice in a safe and secure indoor range.

G - persons traveling by private conveyance (as defined your vehicle) if the weapon is securely encased if the weapon is securely encased and not in the person's manual possession. meaning it should be in the trunk or glove box separate and apart from the ammo

H - persons carrying a pistol unloaded and in a secure wrapper from place of purchase to their home or to a place of repair and back.

I - persons engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing or dealing in firearms.

J - military, law enforcement personnel and private guards while so employed.