P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

how much does it cost for a lawyer to process an affidavit

how much does it cost for a lawyer to process an affidavit that states that I'm no longer responsible for a mortgage that my ex-wife is in the process of changing into her name? She has been paying the mortgage for 3 years and I'm in the process of purchasing a home. Thank you!
A notary can typically endorse and affidavit if that is all you need. If you need some instrument that releases one party for a note, you will likely need to work with the mortgate company.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the green button, its the only way I get paid.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sorry Philip, I'm a little confused. Just to clarify, do I need a lawyer to create the affidavit and then have the notary endorse it?

NO worries...its my fault for not being clear

What I wanted to state is if you have a sample affidavit already you will not need a lawyer. The company that holds the paper (the one who will get this affidavit in the end) will likely have the form you need...this is the affidavit. When you have this, the notary will endorse it and make it "legal"

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: The company that you want to take action (the one that holds the mortgate) will have to agree to this so you should use the form they provide. If they do not have one, then you can go to a lawyer to have one created...it will just cost more this way

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Great - thank you Philip for the feedback! You were a big help!
Welcome

thank you