LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

In a will, what does to serve without bond or ...

In a will, what does "to serve without bond or security of any kind" mean?

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question seeing that another legal expert has opted out. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. This language -- or something very similar -- is commonly seen in the context of a will. It simply dispenses with the requirement that the executor/administrator have to post a bond or other form of security. In other words, the testator (person executing the will) chooses someone to handle the estate without having to put up any money to serve in that role.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.