Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

if my friend emailed a person that has a restraining ...

if my friend emailed a person that has a restraining order against me does that mean that I violated it?
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
Depends. If you used your friend to communicate with this person on your behalf, that can be considered a violation of the restraining order. If the friend communicated on his own, then you would have not violated any orders.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice.I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to LawNinvest's Post: How would I present it to the Judge? It would just my word vs the person who has it on me
You would need to bring the friend to testify on your behalf. This is your key witness to dispute that you had nothing to do with it. Otherwise, it will be hard to defend just based on word of mouth.