Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I gave a dealership 1000 dollars to hold a vehicle for me ...

I gave a dealership 1000 dollars to hold a vehicle for me when I was in Iraq. They told me that if I back down I will recieve my money back. Upon returning there was some issues that prevented me from getting the vehicle. I called them up and talked to the same person that said that and she took my card number to refund the money. Well it has been a week so I called them back and they said managment decided not to give me my money back. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Call the credit card company and idspute the charge if they have't already paid it.

Next, you can file a suit in small claims court to recover your money. If the deal at the time you put the deposit down was that you could get it back they can't unilaterally change the deal.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.