Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

What is the CA law in moving out of state with your 9 and 2 ...

What is the CA law in moving out of state with your 9 and 2 year olds.....I''m divorced from both of their, different, fathers.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You are free to move out of state as long as there are no court orders regarding custody/visitation that prohibit the move. If either of the fathers object, they will have to go to the court and file an objection to you moving, but as long as there is no current order prohibiting it, you are free to move until they do.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks...there is not any order prohibiting me from moving in the divorce child custody decree; but, in all likelihood, both will object. If I can compensate them both with the time they do spend with the children in the summer, or on the holidays, by paying for both of the children to come back for visits, I'm expecting my move to be successful. Does this sound reasonable for the courts/judge to accept?
You sound like you have a very reasonable offer. Additionally, the courts will look at whether or not the move is in the best interest of the children, so moving to an area with better quality of life and moving for employment are always good reasons accepted by the court.