Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

My son was accepted into a Christian High School. He

My son was accepted into a Christian High School. He did not want to go but I wanted him to go. He had a my space page and on this page he wrote some very negative words about the school and his attending the school (with the use of profanity) The schooll found this and called me to tell me that his admission had to be reconsidered because "he is not of suitable moral character" for the school. I paid the tuition in full before July 1st. Now they only want to refund 75% of the tuition because it is after July 1st. Do they have the legal right to do this. They say that it is in the contract however, I did not pull him out, they told me that he was not suitable for their school?
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Since you did not withdraw your son from the school, the language concerning refunds based upon withdrawal do not apply,

You have a contract with the school for your son to attend. Absent any language in the contract to the contrary, the school is bound by the contract and must enroll your son or refund your money. Furthermore, the school may be liable for any additional damages that your son received due to their breach of contract.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please hit ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonuses and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE