Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

If i file and unemployment claim and was denied can i file ...

Customer Question

If i file and unemployment claim and was denied can i file another claim and get my money. under the EUC08.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
While you may be eligible in AL, you would need to file your claim in the state where you last qualified for unemployment. EUC08 emergency unemployment benefits extension have not yet been updated in GA and the GA unemployment rate is not above the 7% necessary for those benefits to kick in, so it is unlikely you will be approved for them in GA.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.