Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

my wife and i have had our credit cards stolen three times ...

Customer Question

my wife and i have had our credit cards stolen three times and they were use to buy grocerys at the same stop and shop for over 300 dollars each time at their self service rsgisters no questions asked i belive they create an outlet for easy acess to steal peoples money i would like to sue stop and shop the credit card company says that we are responsible for the last transaction i think that the stop and shop is libel because they do not ask for identifacation
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
That is an interesting set of facts. I think that you have a cause of action against both the credit card company and the store. Your action against the credit card company is going to be based on a failure to stop the transaction after you had reported the card stolen and for allowing stores to use the card without ID. The should hold the store responsible, not you. You have already identified the cause of action against the store.

You are probably going to want to talk to an attorney although it may not be feasible to actually hire one. They may be interested in the case because it implicates class action concerns. Most lawyers won't charge you for your initial consultation.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you very much i will contact alocal attorney
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
Good luck to you.