Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

how to reverse court ordered guardianship

No Comment Added

DearCustomer- If a court ordered the guardian ship then the court is the only one who can reverse the decision unless you are within the time permitted to appeal the decision which is usually 30 days. You are permitted to represent yourself in court but this can be a complicated process.

We are not permitted to represent individual client from this website in specific cases and can only offer general information. If you want to reverse a decision and you are beyond the appeal time then you have to file a motion with the court that issued the decision and request a change or amendment to the guardianship. That is the necessary process and you will need evidence to present to the court as to why the guardianship order should be changed.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can u tell me how to go about this myself? or where to get such info?

As I said in my answer, you can file a motion with the court if you are representing yourself in this matter. You cannot represent someone else unless you are an attorney. Your motion must show the case number XXXXX name and you must state your reasons for the proposed change in the guardianship.

David Kennett

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can this motion be just a letter or are there forms? do i just mail to the court? your help is great!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can this motion be a letter or are there forms?

There are no forms. You will need to use the heading of the case which should be on any documents you have. Then just outline your reasons and file it in the clerk of courts.

Dave