LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

My friend is being arrested for alluding the police/driving ...

Customer Question

My friend is being arrested for alluding the police/driving without a license. What are the consequences he will face? Is there anything a lawyer can do to help prevent a harsh punishment?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance as I answer your question.

1. I am a licensed attorney, and I will be glad to try and answer your question. I hope that the following information will be helpful to you, but please just write back if you have any follow-up questions or need clarification on anything after reviewing the following information.
  2. Alluding is a serious felony charge pursuant to Colorado Statutes § 18-9-116.5 and carries a penalty of imprisonment as well as a fine pursuant to Colorado Statutes § 18-1.3-401. Driving without a license is certainly a less serious offense although still illegal pursuant to Colorado Statutes § 42-2-101.
  3. Your friend most certainly should either hire a private attorney or request the appointment of counsel if unable to afford representation. The importance of a lawyer in negotiating the most favorable plea conditions, or representing your friend at trial if it comes to that, cannot be overstated.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What are the minimum/maximum time served for alluding an officer?

Hello again and thanks for writing back. I will be glad to comment further.

1. Eluding can be either a Class 3 felony (resulting in death), Class 4 felony (resulting in serious bodily injury to another person) or Class 5 felony (all other cases) depending on the circumstances of the case. Please click the first link provided in my initial answer (above).
  2. The range penalties for a Class 3 felony are (minimum to maximum expressed in years of imprisonment) 4-12; for a Class 4 felony the range is 2-6; for a Class 5 felony the range is 1-3. Please click the second link provided in my initial answer (above).

I hope this is of mroe help. Take care and thanks again for using Just Answer.

[Please click the "Accept" button. This is the only way I will get paid for my services.]