Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My daughter received a 148 on her LSAT, has a 3.38 GPA ...

My daughter received a 148 on her LSAT, has a 3.38 GPA from the University of ILlinois and wants to study law. She is currently a senior at the U of I and will retake the LSAT. Since there is usually no more than a four point difference in the test, what are her options to get into a law school in Chicago?
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

All law schools accept applicants based on GPA and LSAT score. Her GPA is good, but she should take a LSAT prep course before taking the LSAT again. I personally took the Kaplan course: http://www.kaptest.com/lsat. The course cost me about $1000 several years ago.

I took the LSAT once before the test and once after taking the course - my score improved 11 points, which made me a lock for the law schools I was interested in. If she could improve her score by 8-10 points, she would be in a much better situation as her current score is on the low side of average scores for admission purposes (150 + is the usual average).

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Adam Kirk's Post: She took the Kaplan coure and got the 148 after having taken it.
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

If that's the case, she should go through her materials again and take all of those practice tests. That's the most important thing - knowing how to take the test. If she will practice on all of those example tests before the next exam, her score will improve. I bet I took 100 practice tests before the second LSAT (in fact, there were about 10 quetions from the practice tests that were actually on my LSAT). Doing this made my score go from a 154 to a 165.

If she can get her LSAT into the 150's, she will look much better to the admissions board with her good GPA.