socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

on April 11 2006, i signed up with Humana for health

Customer Question

on April 11 2006, i signed up with Humana for health insurance, meaning to drop MedicAIRE on May 1,, Instead, I cancelled 7 days later, but Humana failed to drop me, instead billing me illegally for May and June on my credit card.. This caused Medcicaire to cancel me, but eventually allowed me to sign up again, but losing the month of May, and refusing all claims for that month.. after fighting with both Humana (whio refunded my money and wrote to Medicaire telling them that it was their error, Medicaire stil refused to pay the over $700 billed by 3 Doctors.. Then these 3 turned me over to collection agencies forcing me to pay as it would ruin my credit ratings.. Do I have any recourse against Humana for these bills and also for ruining =my credit and causing me many days and weeks of sleepless nights?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

If Humana's failure to cancel your contract caused you an economic injury, you may be able to style your complaint such that the contract was breached by the failure, and therefore you are entitled to healthcare coverage by Humana for the losses sustained.

Ordinarily, however, Humana's negligence, if the only damage to you is economic, is not recoverable in a legal action for negligence. Negligence requires an "impact" (physical injury or property damage).

You may want to try your State Attorney General's office for this complaint:

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to socrateaser's Post: sorry i cannot accept your answer.. thank you anyway.

You're welcome anyway.Tongue outtitle="Tongue out" width="18" height="18"/>