Mr Lofton
Mr Lofton, Lawyer.
Experience:  30 years of experience as a counselor and trial lawyer
9164795

I need to write a letter to state attorney of Ney York ...

Customer Question

I need to write a letter to state attorney of Ney York city. I am living in Reisterstown, MD. My problem is that I ordered ticket for airplain, payd money, but travel agent received money and did nothing. Travel agency name is "Exclusive travel" and it located in New York, NY. I do not know what documents I need and how to write the letter. Thanks, Boris
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You need the proof of payment to the agency, a copy of the ad if there is any or the copy of any receipt they issued, even if it was by email. If not a copy of your payment (cancelled check or credit card). You can goto http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/consumer_issues.html and there are forms for filing the type of complaint you are trying to file.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to PaulMJD's Post: It did not answer my question. I want to know address and name where I need to write letter and I need example how to do it. WEB site that you referred me give form in Spanish. Can you just write letter for me and I will put my data to it and will send to address that you will give me.
Thanks, Boris
I am sorry I did not realize the forms were only in Spanish and I have no idea why. While I cannot write the letter for you because it could constitute the unauthorized practice of law and is beyond the scope of this site, I could give you information that needs to be included in the letter.

You need to include the name, address and phone number of the company you dealt with and any website or email address if available Describe what you purchased from them, include dates and times of the flights and the itinerary if you have it. Briefly describe how you made the purchase. You then explain what attempts you have made to contact them about your purchase and if you spoke to anyone personally include their names. Next you explain that you have never received the ticket and you have checked with the airline and they have no record of you having a ticket. Sign the letter. Attach copies of any and all correspondence between you and the company, any proof you have of payments to the company and any other documentation you may have to prove your claim.

I hope that was helpful.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK, but could you plese give me the address of Attorny General of New York.
Thanks, Boris
Harlem (map)
163 West 125th Street
New York, NYNNN-NN-NNNNbr /> (NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I found form and on the form I see different address:
Office of Attorney General
Bureay of Consumer Frauds and Protection
120 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NYNNN-NN-NNNN
Could you tell me which address is right?
I see that you did not answer any of my questions. I asked you name of attorney, but you ignore this question
Please respond
I did not see anything above that asked for a name of an attorney, which since I do not personally know any in NY and have not worked with any there, I am precluded from doing so. The Attorney General Andrew Cuomo's office address you have in your reply is correct for Consumer Frauds the address I provided was the satellite office in NYC.

I am sorry for the delay.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I think that these answers did not cost $30.00
Good luck to you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What do you mean? In first, I ask you write letter and you answer that it illigal and gave me Website for compliance form (that side I sow before and I known where is it, In second, I ask you the address of General attorny and you gave me wron address. It is what I need to make compliance. That why I said that your answers did not cost $30.00. Boris
I have done the best I could do to provide you with the information you requested that I could provide. Unfortunately, the information I found from the website of the State AG was accurate, but the form was in Spanish only, why I do not know, as far as the address, the address I gave you was the satellite office in NY, NY, which would have gotten your complaint forwared to the the correct office. I have provided you with the information that needs to be contained in the letter and have spent time researching your questions. Additionally, I have endeavored to promptly respond to you each time. Since you are not satisfied with the time I have expended trying to assist you, I will opt out of this question and perhaps someone else will assist you. Again, good luck.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
And that why I ask you, for what I need to pay?
Expert:  Mr Lofton replied 8 years ago.

Write letter to:

[Date]

Office of Attorney General
120 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NYNNN-NN-NNNN

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a resident of the State of Maryland making a formal complaint against, and request for your assistance, concerning:

Exclusive Travel

[put down their address and phone #]

Here are the facts. On [date] I placed an order with Exclusive Travel for airline tickets to [place and date]. Payment was made by me in the amount of $[state amount] by [explain how you paid].

Despite my order and payment, Exclusive Travel has never booked my airline flight nor have they provided me with the tickets I paid for. I am enclosing copies of my order and payment.

Whatever you could do to assist me in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

x(sign)__________________

Type name

adddress

phone number

Now if you think this is "fraud" then you should also report it to the US Postal Inspectors http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ as they are the police who invetigate use of the mail system to accomplish fraud, which is a federal crime.

Good luck,

Mr Lofton, Lawyer.
Experience: 30 years of experience as a counselor and trial lawyer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Mr Lofton. Now I see how to write letter to Attorney General in New York. Boris
ok