rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.

I broke up with my ex-girlfriend and started dating a ...

Customer Question

I broke up with my ex-girlfriend and started dating a lawyer lady....well i wasnt comfortable dating anyone else so I told the lawyer lady i wanted to be friends. My ex called my back and wanted to get back together. So we did. I was friends with the lawyer as well but not intimate. Well my ex got mad when she found out that I had slept this lawyer lady when we were not together. She called her and they talked. They both got mad and now my ex wants to use this lawyer to sue me in court for some money she says I owe her. Isn't having a intimate relationship with the lawyer and her client make it a conflict of interest?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information.

Clear conflict of interest. No doubt about it. Politely tell the lawyer that if she does it, you will have no choice to report her to the state bar:

Melvin Hirshman
Bar Counsel
Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland
100 Community Place, Suite 3301
Crownsville, MDNNN-NN-NNNNbr />410/514-7051
FAX: 410/987-4690

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to rvlaw's Post: She practices in DC
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Wallace E. Shipp, Jr.
Bar Counsel
District of Columbia Office of Bar CounselXXXXX NW
Building A, Room 117
Washington, DC 20001
FAX: 202/638-0862