Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

my fiance signed me the beneficiary of his pension before ...

my fiance signed me the beneficiary of his pension before he died, and his son 14 years of age gets some of his pension, even though he has been legally separated for almost 40 years, is the wife still entitled to his monies, he had her removed as his beneficiary about 10 years ago. we were together for 33 years.
If they were still legally married and he had no will, then it is possible that she is still entitled to inherit some of his estate. If they were divorced, then she is not entitled to any of his estate, but still may collect on any insurance policy where she was named as beneficiary. If he had no will, his son will inherit everything if you were not married to him.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
please omit last question
What last question?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i apologize for the error i inadvertantly hit the submit button twice for the same question, also subnitting another 15.00
I only saw one. Ok.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i apologize for the error i inadvertantly hit the submit button twice for the same question, also subnitting another 15.00. thank you for your reply to my question. you were very helpful.
No problem. You're welcome and good luck.