Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can a landlord constantly keep showing your apartment ...

Can a landlord constantly keep showing your apartment after you give notice?
It all depends on the reason. A landlord has a right to come to make required repairs or maintenance, but they also have to be reasonable with their requests. You can tell him you cannot afford to take off work and he cannot be present without you. This is a difficult situation because he is entitled to a way to make the repairs and you have to find some way to accommodate him ro do so. You do not have to take off work day after day for multiple repairs, that is not reasonable. The only thing to do is work something out that is reasonable, if not refuse to allow him access and give notice that you are moving. If he comes in against your wishes, you can sue for breach of the lease and tresspassing.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
She keeps showing it to Realtors, she is trying to list the whole house. I gave 90 days notice and have only 30 days left.
Unfortunately, she may have a right to show the property to realtors, but you can insist it be done at your convenience because of work.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you! Debby
You're welcome. Good luck.