How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116154
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her husband are getting a divorce, but in ...

Resolved Question:

My daughter and her husband are getting a divorce, but in the mean time there are 2 children involved and they are with her. He wants to see them on the weekends, but her car won''t make it to there meeting point and he lives 2 hours from her. He agreed to pick up the children on Friday, but he wants her to come and get them from his house on Sunday. That''s aXXXXX First, her car won''t make it, second, she doesn''t have a job and no money for gas. He has a good job, money for gas and a good car to drive. Is it right to ask him to bring the children back home on Sunday? And he says that if she doesn''t come pick them up on Sunday, he''s not giving them back to her any more. She''s scared and doesn''t know what to do. She''s dealing with legal aid and they haven''t contacted her in a while. Please let me know what she can do. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
It is reasonable to request that he bear the expense for transportation to and from visitation and the courts generally will make such an order. However, until the court does issue such an order, she needs to work with the ex to work out the custody/visitation issues. The courts do not like it when parties are not willing to work out disputes such as this on custody matters and prefer not to get involved, but she needs to show she is at least working with her ex to work this out. Perhaps meeting him half way would be a solution.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you