Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am from CT, I am going to VA next weekend to look at ...

I am from CT, I am going to VA next weekend to look at handguns. VA does not require a permit to purchase them, and I do not have a permit for CT. Is it at all possible to purchase one in VA under these circumstances?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You can purchase a gun in Virginia only with a driver's license or id issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or are in the military stationed in Virginia. See,

Based upon the latest U.S. Supreme Court case, there should be some modifications coming in the laws, but not as of yet.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.