skelly151
skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
8748477

my sister claims to have some of my medical records and ...

Customer Question

my sister claims to have some of my medical records and stated this to a real estate attorney to discredit me what can I do about this?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 8 years ago.
If you voluntarily gave them to her then nothing can be done, but if she got them released from a third party without a release from you then there is a violation of HIPPA which you can google and will show you the substance of how medical records are released and used.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i did not give her the information what can i do legally without googling and reviewing the substance of how records are released and used?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I did not give her the information what can i do legally without googling and reviewing the substance of how records are released and used how do i pursue legal action against her?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
please answer my question i have been waiting all day original question answered promptly my reply has not been responded to yet