Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

Money back

My finance' and I bought a car together, I paid my half as down payment in the sum of $8000, we are broke up now, can I get my money back?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- If your ex boyfriend is in possession of the car you can sue him for half the value. If there is a loan you cannot get a release from the loan unless it is approved by the lender. You would have to sue your ex in your local court for the money and if you get a judgment you can garnish his assets and proceed with collection.

Unless your ex agrees to give you the money you will need to file a suit to get it back.

David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law