Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

does a no-contact order apply to the plaintif as well as the

Customer Question

in a no-contact order does this apply to the plaintif as well as the defendant ??? what charges can be aflicted do to this for the state of iowa ???
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
According to research a violation of the no contact order is considered a serious misdemeanor with a minimum of seven days in jail and/or a fine of from $250.00 to $1,500.00. In general the order only applies against the defendant. This means that even if the victim were to initiate contact, the defendant would be the one in violations. However, if the victim is initiating contact, it is possible for the defendant to file a request to revoke the orders since victim is not showing fear for their safety.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. Thank you.