Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I had an injury at work but the company says it did not ...

I had an injury at work but the company says it did not happen there. I have gone to the company Dr. and have been placed on Limited duty. I may have to have surgery on my knee. I have heard through the grapevine that I will be terminated as soon as I am released to return to full duty, Do I have a case?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
You have a case if you can prove the injury happened at work. Under Worker's Comp laws the company must have proof that your injury did not happen at work to deny you benefits. If they terminate you for suing for your benefits or trying to exercise your rights to Worker's Comp, then you have a retaliation claim against them. You should contact a lawyer to pursue your Worker's Comp claim because attorney's fees are covered by Worker's Comp. Additionally, document everything you learn about their desire to terminate you once you return to full duty, so you will have it if they try to retaliate against you.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law