LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

Just a quick question. I went into a Taco Bell the ...

Just a quick question. I went into a Taco Bell the other day with my girlfriend, we ordered lunch and sat down. I paid with cash so I threw the receipt away on the way to the table, because I didn''t think I''d need it. So then they call a number, I get up to check and it is not what I ordered. So I wait, the next number they call is the customer who was after me. I talk to the worker who took my order and she tells me that is what I ordered. I was calm the entire time I was in the restaurant and just said, no that''s not what I ordered. She told me no that is what I ordered and she needed to see the receipt. I told her I threw it away, and she just took my order, but she insisted I needed the receipt. This went on for about four minutes before I said I wanted my money back which she refused. I finally dug through the trash in a full restaurant for a receipt that was thrown back at me without being looked at, along with my money. Do I have a case? What area of law would this be

Hello and thanks so much for choosing this forum to pose your important legal question. I will do my best to give you some honest and accurate guidance.

1. I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. In my professional legal opinion, however, there are no grounds for a case based upon the facts you have related. It was undoubtedly embarrassing I am sure, but unfortunately what happened does not rise to the level of a valid civil or criminal case.

If we can be of any further assistance please free to use our service again. Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will receive compensation for the work performed. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done. Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and Benjamin M. Burt, Jr., Esq. You should always consult with a lawyer in your state.