Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. 27+ years; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions
10033880

I was asked to resign from Maryland State Dept. of Human ...

Customer Question

I was asked to resign from Maryland State Dept. of Human Resources (DHR) after 35 years of faithful and unblemished services, because I was informed that I behaved unethically. I signed a form indicating that I would not seek employment until after 3.5 years. Am I legally able to get this blemish removed from my personnel record ASAP, so that I can apply for a contractual position with DHR. How much would an attorney charge me to represent me?
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am looking forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

I'm confused. It sounds as though you signed something like a release. Are you wondering if there is a way to get it overturned?

Also, I haven't researched this yet, but isn't there a statute that would prevent a state employee from coming back as a contractor for a certain number of years?

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have not researched if there is a stature that prevents me from returning to state service. I do know that two other state employees who were fired returned to work after they hired an attorney. Also, I do not believe that they signed a form indicating that they would not seek state employment. I was under duress and without legal assistance when I signed the form.

You should use the same attorney - seriously! It sounds like that attorney knows his or her way around the system.

You should find out who it is and pay for a one hour consultation. You can get a whole lot of questions answered in an hour.

I imagine that attorneys in your area charge between $200 - $400 an hour.

I'd be happy to email some more if you have follow-up questions. If not, please click ACCEPT or I will not get paid for helping you.

We can still write after you pay. Feedback and Bonuses are gratefully appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using Just Answer, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and me or my law firm. Our conversation may show up on an Internet search. Contact the moderator or me to make sure personal information is removed if that is a concern.

Jane Doe Deer