Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Can you sue The social security administration

No Comment Added
Of course you can sue them for benefits, but you should have an attorney represent you if you do. If you are seeking to sue over losing your administrative appeal, be aware that the grounds to overturn an administrative decision can be very narrow and the court will not lightly overturn these administrative decisions.

There are attorneys that specialize in Social Security Appeals and law because the process can be complex. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should call the Georgia Bar and they can refer you to an attorney to represent you and protect your rights at a reduced cost or free of charge.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
While I am certain your answer is correct and I thank you for referring the Georgia Bar. You might have mentioned in what area of law should this Attorney practice.
I did mention above that the expertise should be in the area of Social Security law, when I typed "There are attorneys that specialize in Social Security Appeals and law." Sorry for any misunderstanding.