Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Lawyer
Experience:  I am an attorney familiar with the above-stated subject matter.
635143

Can you force your minor child to take a drug test

No Comment Added
Expert:  Lawgirl replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

Just as some employers require drug testing, some schools have now made drug testing mandatory. Therefore, parents have the ability to administer a drug test in the home. So to the extent you can ask your child to take a drug test, that is permissible. However, your questions is can you "force" the child to take the test. If your child refuses to take the test, in all practicality, you probably cannot force them to take the test. You can eagerly insist that they must take the test, but you may be infringing upon the law (and your child's rights) if you use physical force to make your child produce a sample for the test.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT