How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left my husband 25 years ago due to his abuse mentally ...

Customer Question

I left my husband 25 years ago due to his abuse mentally and physically to me and I had black and blue marks to prove it. He had taken up with another women a few years later and has 2 sons with her. We have sons that are nearing 40 years old, no bank accounts, no property. Lawyers where I live want 2000. 00 to start processing paperwork. I have no money what I do ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  dkennedy replied 8 years ago.

Hello patricia 968,

I would like to answer your question for you. I need a little more information. I assume by "processing paperwork" you mean filing for divorce?

You said you had a past lawyer? Please explain what happend with that?

Does your husband have any money?

Retirement account?

Does he owe you child support?