Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions
10033880

My neighbor cut down a mature hardwood tree in my yard ...

Customer Question

My neighbor cut down a mature hardwood tree in my yard withot my permission. They also tried to take out my fence and the husband assaulted me verbally by telling me he was violent and now is the time to get violent. Hen then told me that he had served in the Army.   I filed a claim with their HO Insurer without their permission. Because I work in the insurance industry I knew that because of his military background that he would most likely a certain insurer. I guessed right. They denied it and know have accused me of insurance fraud.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. You didn't really ask a question. What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jane Doe Deer's Legal Answers's Post: Does it appear that they have met the threshold for defamation of my character?

Well, I don't know. It depends on whether or not you actually did commit insurance fraud - did you?

But why don't you sue in Small Claims Court for the value of the fence and tree? Or, sue in District Court and at the same time get a restraining order against them.

Have you considered those options?

I'll wait for your next email, but may not be able to reply until tomorrow morning.