Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have been on SSDI since November of 2006.I was unable to

I have been on SSDI since November of 2006.I was unable to work beacuse of Mental issues since 09/01/2003.I filed for disability late.I was in denial and thought I would be returning to work.My sister finally got me to apply for SSDI on 03/2004.When I finally got approved in 05/2007.Went through many appeals.Had Allsup INC. represent me.The only reason I got approved was because the Judge ripped off a yellow scrap piece of paper and wrote "I XXXXX XXXXX agree that the date of diablement is may of 2005" Something like that.My representive from Allsup Inc. said that the judge said that I sign this or my SSDI would go into appeal, and that he may give me nothing.Couldn't think clearly of what to do.My sister said sign.I did.After getting my records 2 things were missing.Paper scrap I signed&page #6 for REP PAYEE.Allsup & I never recieved.#6 was not signed by Judge. Courts&SSAsays it does not exsit.Idle threat from judge you think?Do I let Judge Get away with with it.My rights?CONFUSSING
Anything the judge did during an an administrative appeal hearing should have been done on the record in accordance with the Administrative Procedures Act (APA). Under the APA, if it was not placed on the record, then it never happened. If you were simply in a pre-hearing meeting with the judge and this was not at a hearing, then it is possible the paper disappeared and he was trying to negotiate with you to settle your claim.

If this was done during an administrative appeal hearing, it certainly seems like you have a complaint against the judge, which you can file, but you should consider what you have to gain by filing this complaint, other than mere satisfaction. You should consult with your legal representation, Allsup Inc, to weigh your options.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!