Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

My daughter was going to school out of her district. We ...

My daughter was going to school out of her district. We were suppose to be on an attendance contract but we never received on from the school. This year she missed 22 day combine with tardies leaving school early. We were denied to continue to cross the district because of days missed. She is in ROTC and the new school don''t have this program and this is her last year and we are trying to get the ROTC scholarship to attend college. Because we were denied to cross attendance what recourses can we take.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
If she did not follow the policies and procedures set forth for cross district attendence, then short of an appeal through the school board, there is unlikely anything else you can do. Part of your appeal should certainly be that the ROTC program is not offered within your district. You should also be prepared to show legitimate compelling reasons for why she missed so many days of school. In short, you should be entitled to an appeal hearing by the school board. I would enlist the aid of an attorney to assist you with this matter since it is a matter of grave importance that will affect your daughter's future. If you cannot afford an attorney, you can get a low cost or pro bono attorney through legal aid or your state bar association.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!