Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions

me and my wife are thinking about seperating, what are my ...

me and my wife are thinking about seperating, what are my obligations towards health insurance and other insurance that i may have with her does she have to be covered by my insurance or can i have her removed.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Your final decree will spell out whether or not, and when to remove her from your health insurance. If it's costing you extra right now, ask her for the money.

Are there any children?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes two

Were you thinking about keeping your kids on the health plan?

Really, health insurance is going to be a negotiated item. I wouldn't advise you to remove anyone from your plan until your divorce is final. Say you removed your wife, and she got hurt before the divorce is final. You could be liable to pay the costs!

If you two are on cordial terms I suggest you "meet." Draw a line down a sheet of paper and put your assets and debts on one side and hers on the other. Try to agree on as much as possible.

As for the children, try to work out your own schedule for custody and visitation.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will be paid for answering your question. Please consider clicking "BONUS" if you think I did a really great job and/or want to help me feed the deer where I live (see my picture). Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and either me or my law office.