rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.

How can I get out of a public intoxication, I was ...

Customer Question

How can I get out of a public intoxication, I was taking a taxi home and he made a sexual jesture and was going the wrong direction I told him to stop and let me out. I jumped out of the van and ran appr. 2 blocks looking for a home to run to . I realized he had turn around and was coming after me as I ran up to a home and rang their doorbell. He pulled in their driveway yelling at me he was calling the police and get me a public intox charge, I was telling him to stay away from me as the homeowner answered the door, I asked if I could please come in and would he keep that man away from me. He did and sat with me on his interior steps. He was helping me look at my foot which I hurt by stepping on the edge of the curb where it meets with driveway. Police came and pulled me up from steps arestested me for tresspassing and public intox. I was jailed and had no blanket or pillow, just a very cold cement slab to sleep on. I asked   several times to be taken to hospital. broke f
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

The only person who could have pressed the trespassing charge was the homeowner who helped. He didn't so that is a clear basis for dismissal. Plus you were arrested INSIDE therefore there can be no public intoxication. Regain a lawyer and fight both charges.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am on Disability and can not afford an attorney. Can you find me legal aid in Iowa, tight fitting group of law enforcement in that county!
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

What is the nearest big city to you?