Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

MY EX AND I HAVE JOINT CUSTODY (FL) AND UNTIL RECENTLY, ...

MY EX AND I HAVE JOINT CUSTODY (FL) AND UNTIL RECENTLY, HAVE BEEN ABLE TO AGREE ON WHO GETS KIDS WHEN, NOW SUDDENLY HE DONT WANT THEM ON THE WEEKENDS. (I WORK EVERY WEEKEND, HE IS OFF)..ACCORDING TO OUR DIVORCE AGREEMENT, THERE IS SPECIFIC DAYS LISTED IN CASE WE GOT IN THIS SITUATION. IF IT IS BROUGHT BEFORE A JUDGE, WILL HE ENFORCE WHAT IS IN WRITING. WE GOT DIV ON 2004.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The court will generally enforce the agreement as written. Now, he could seek to modify the agreement, which the court may or may not do, depending upon the best interest of the child.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!