rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

Illinois On Tuesday we must submit our answer to the

Illinois On Tuesday we must submit our answer to the federal court on an interpleader of an insurance policy We intend to file a suit for wrongful death at the same time my aunt is the executor but will not be appointed until after the interpleader response is due is there a way to handle this I could file the suit however I would lose out on the estate paying for it
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Whatever the relationship between you and the deceased, whether or not your aunt is formally appointed ASSUMING SHE IS THE EXECUTOR OF A WILL, she is the only person who can file the death action. If the person died without a will, the answer will be different.

Rich