Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty. since 1986; Plain English answers to family law, employment, landlord-tenant, & other questions

I need to know legally what i can do with renters. Living ...

I need to know legally what i can do with renters. Living in my personal home with me and my elderly mom. I allowed a mother and daughter to move in. Agreed to payments and that the girl 22 yrs old would get a job. They paid 150.00 toward the 400.00 rent, it's 400 each person. and 400.00 deposit each. They both get their own bath room and bed room. This 22 yr old has not been good to her word right from the start. first month 400.00 off if she helped with the house. She worked 4 hrs max. I asked that she keep a path way open in the garage it's the only door way my mom can safely exit the house by. This 22 yr old don't keep her word. No job. Even something as simple as put all trash in a trash bag before you place it in the bins. It's the trash company's rules. I want her out and there is no working this through. Do i have to do the same eviction notice, 3 days. Even if they have not keep their word from the start. I returned their money and refuse to accept more.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

You use the same eviction process as though the tenants were renting the whole home or an apartment from you.

Do you need help finding that information or are you already familiar with it?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I found the normal eviction. I was just thinking it might be a little different if living in my personal space. Like a boyfriend can kick you out in the middle of the night and get away with it.
I have agreed to give them 2 weeks, it will now become a month living for free. I really would like for the next 2 weeks to just have her leave with her mom and come back when her mom is here. This 22 yr old is going to cause even more trouble between the mom and I. This girl is flat not responsible and is sneeky. i can't leave the house right now because of this.

No, it's the normal eviction procedure. Be sure that if you gave them notice, it was in writing.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will be paid for answering your question. Please consider clicking "BONUS" if you think I did a really great job and/or want to help me feed the deer where I live (see my picture). Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and either me or my law office.