Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

my daughter was evicted. the judgement against her was ...

my daughter was evicted. the judgement against her was about 1300. She is in income based housing, in school and raising her 2 year old. Can the court take her car as payment? It is a 1991 honda and her only transportation
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.

The creditor will likely attempt to garnish her wages for the amount of the judgment - if she is working.

She should not worry about her car if it is worth less than $4,000.00. Indiana law provides an exemption for this. Therefore, creditors cannot take her car if it is worth less than $4,000.00.

Below is a link that discusses Indiana creditor/debtor issues in detail.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Adam Kirk's Post: Thank you for your answer - I did not get the link to creditors, debtors in Indiana however. Could you send that please? Thank you.