Ask NO LEGAL ADVICE WAS GIVEN BY ME Your...
NO LEGAL ADVICE  WAS GIVEN BY ME
NO LEGAL ADVICE WAS GIVEN BY ME, N/A
Experience:  All information given by me was for ENTERNTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY -No legal Advice was provided.
9218860

How to get cause of death and free autopsy

Customer Question

How to get "cause of death" and free autopsy report from coroner?
Expert:  NO LEGAL ADVICE WAS GIVEN BY ME replied 8 years ago.
The death certificate is public information and it will show the cause of death. you can obtain a copy through the Texas Office of Vital Statistics. Click here for more information.

As far as the autopsy report, you will have to call the Coroner's office and see if there are restrictions on release. If you are next of kin, you should be able to get a free copy, provided again, no restrictions are in place. The only way to know is to call the County Coroner.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Your Just Answer Expert,

VRJ

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank YOu !