rvlaw
rvlaw, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  NYC Trial Atty. 30 yrs.- pers. inj., contracts, real estate, criminal, estates, matrimonial.
3071004

I wish to have a lien executed aganst a boat owner who ...

I wish to have a lien executed aganst a boat owner who refuses to pay the repair bill of $2,000 though he has been happy with the job. We cannot find a registration numbr or documentation for the boat but we have the hull number. I am told that since there is neither a registration nor documentation a lien cannot be issued. Is this true?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Much better route is to sue him in small clains court. You can do it yourself instead of filing a lien and foreclosing on it for which you would need counsel.

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/Attachments/5E3D51AF15EE8DCD85256B29004BFA62/$FILE/307SCR.pdf?OpenElement

Rich

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.