Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I recently moved into a rental house and there are a few ...

Customer Question

I recently moved into a rental house and there are a few things that were verbally promised to me to be done before I moved in. There are large holes in the master bedroom and bathroom doors and nothing was painted before I moved in. The previous tenants clearly painted the walls themselves to suit there own personal taste, but aside from that the walls are dirty, stained, and full of nails and chips. The landlord is refusing to paint and says they will have to review an estimate for the price of replacing the doors before they agree to do so. Do I have any kind of right to make them repaint and replace the doors?
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What city and state do you live in?
-What country do you live in?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I live in Lowell, AR, USA. So far I have only discussed the matter with my real estate angent and the property manager. I have also asked if it would be possible for me to paint and deduct the cost of paint and supplies from my rent if I send them all receipts for any paint and materials I purchase. They said that I could paint myself, but I would not be reimbursed for any expenses.